Friday, January 27, 2006

Should have skipped Friday

Went to the dietian, got my car fixed, bought books at the campus bookstore, and got Chad from Lafayette for the weekend. Today I was good and went back to work. And it's been a surreal day since it started.

Surreal in small doses can be invigorating. Today's doses have been mind numbing. I was avoiding the insanity by writing, but I think I've gotten stuck. I like the dialogue, but now I'm thinking I need to space it out more. More description, more movement and action from the characters. I never have enough description. And I want this story to be vivid, to sing.

I found some good advice on realizing where you're fear of success comes from. Is it possible my lack of submission tries stems from fear of failure? Am I just avoiding the scenerio? Or is it possible that nothing I have is decent enough to waste the time on? (Hmm, that's telling right there. My first word choice is "waste" and finding a market for my stories shouldn't be a waste of time. But not counting "Blue Man" and Capt. Kate that I just finished, the last original short story was finished in 1999.) If I can get a quiet moment, I want to do the visualization exercise.

Oh I need to remember to take my measurements for this week tonight. I think walking with my newly bought books worked out my torso. I'd like to follow my workout with some time in the sauna.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: