Wednesday, January 18, 2006

To Get the Juices Flowing

I try not to complain about the paying job too much here. Grateful to have it, don't know when the government is going to get nasty over blogs like the private sector, that sorta thing. But the new check scanners slow everything down. It takes aout thirty minutes (or at least feels that long) to complete a batch of twenty checks, including all the copying of paperwork. On the old system, it took ten minutes to process forty checks. So now I'm here at the paying job a half-hour early to try to finish everything that didn't get finished yesterday. Ugh.

Must remember to buy kleenex and more legal pads for work. I'm writing my blogs on the legal pads and running out of paper quickly. Must also remember to update 2005 LRF Resource Guide invoice and send to Chad. Make invoice for 2006 Acadiana Resource Guide. Need to find history of Burgandy and France material.

Creative writing class has fifteen people and I'm in the first group to submit work for workshops in a month. I've decided to finish Capt. Kate's short story for class. I can submit novel exerpts, but I'm not ready for editing on Zy's novel yet. And if I need to turn in a second, different piece--not just a revision--Blue Man is written but not finished. Plus I'm kind of curious to see what reaction my Elizabethan sea dog ghost story gets. And maybe I can find a market for it.

I finally got everything I should need on the laptop. Chad upgraded for business reasons and I got his old one as partial payment for the 2005 invoice. But it doesn't look like I'm going to have a chance to use it today.

I'm probably going to start another blog in conjunction with the creative writing class. We have to keep a reading diary on the fiction or poetry we're reading. I seem to do best with an audience. Most of what I already had set aside to read is nonfiction though. Minor bummer, I'll have to go book shopping. I need to get the last two in the Russell/Holmes series by Laurie R. King and I want to read some of the mysteries of people in the Southwest Chapter of MWA. Especially since I've never heard of them. *Sigh.* My knowledge of who my working peers are is sorely lacking.

The confrence is a go money-wise. I don't think I'll be able to afford a dishwasher for yet another year. I don't know about a new laser printer. I'm hoping, and the one I want has a rebate going on. It's going to depend on how much is left after I get my finances in order and pay ahead on the house note and bills. If I can't get the dishwasher, I still need to organize the kitchen cabinets better and make a dish rack for the wall. Workshop shelves for the back porch would be nice, but might have to wait too.

The projects are starting to pile up and my kitchen and office are still disaster areas. I think they're having a negative impact on the chi in my house and my chi by extension. When I get home after exercising tonight, I must get started on the kitchen.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: