Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Exercising Journal Report

Do I have blogging on my brain constantly or what? I take a notebook to workouts with me to record numbers of what I do, what I may need to buy, random anything that comes to me; and I end up recording the above in paragraphs to my readers. :p

What I spent the weekend doing was acquinting myself with the Pennington Activity Center. Which meant using the track, weight room to find my max levels, and locker room. Haven't tried the suana yet.

They do have personal trainers, but I have to get released by my doctor. And since I've been having cell phone issues, I haven't been able to call and find out how I can get a signature. Hopefully I can make the calls tomorrow.

Since Mondays and Tuesdays will be my official off days, I buried myself in the Alt. BM Site update to keep the "pity me" demons at bay--the real reason that it's getting done. It worked up till I went to bed. Course it doesn't help the self esteem at all that Chad either forgets to call me all night and remembers after I've gone to bed and the brain has shut off or just wants to call for five seconds to know that I'm alive. Gee, I'm so glad I'm worth that much effort. I guess I'm supposed to be the understanding girlfriend and sympathetic that he hates talking on the phone. I'm not feeling understanding or sympathetic. I'm scared, I'm depressed, I feel fat and ugly and worthless, in short I'm feeling needy. I know, I know, I need to discuss this with him instead of in the blog. *Sigh* It may take email though.

7:00 p.m. Update: Me and Chad talked, and he understands where I'm coming from and how it makes me feel. :D

Back to exercising, I need to develop a safe routine that makes me sweat, works the target areas, and won't be upsetting to toss aside when I get a routine from the personal trainer.

Wednesdays: Chest, Back, Arms

  • Chest Press max = 70 workout = 60

  • Incline Press max = 70 workout = 60

  • Arm Extensions max = 30 workout = 25

  • Pull Down max = 70 workout = 60

  • Overhead Press max = 50 workout = 45

  • Bicep curls max = workout =


Thursdays: Abs

  • Sit ups = 20


Fridays: Legs

  • Hip Induction max = 90 workout =85

  • Hip Abduction max = 70 workout = 60

  • Glute max = 75 workout = 70

  • Seated Leg Press max = 120 workout = 115


Of course, aerobic exercise mixed with this. Saturdays and Sundays, just track walking and running.

For fat loss: 10 - 12 reps, 1 - 3 sets. Increase the weight each week.

Need to remember to warm up, stretch, cool down, and pack some music.

What was really depressing, ten years ago I took a weightlifting class. That was light for me back then. Course I was also 120 pounds and thought I was fat because I had a belly pouch.

Gads, I was stupid teenager.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember not to overdo it and burn out. Keep it steady.

When you cut your food intake, even just walking can help you start losing pounds. Steady, regular exercise is better than going full on then conking out :)

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Which is why I divided the different parts of the body to different days, so they'll be ebough time to rest. But what the weekend showed me is that even thought I was hurting--more from blisters--I wasn't sweating. So now that my feet are better and new shoes I need to make me sweat.

And every time I say that line, I think of Keith Sweat's song which was of exercise of a different sort. *Blush*