Tuesday, January 17, 2006

First day of class

Been busy, as you can see by three updates in a row. A lot of times it's easier to write out a blog entry by hand, and then scramble for time to write it later.

I spent all day Monday on the back bedroom. I saved the demolishing for the weekend Chad will be with me to help. The closet system I bought was designed to fit a 8-feet to 10-feet width closet of normal wall heights. The back wall isn't a standard wall height. I ended up with two places to hang clothes instead of three, because the third rod is three inches from the floor. Due to confusing instructions, I had to leave off the drawers. And the shoe rack had to come off so I could fit big Rubbermaid boxes. I labeled all of those said boxes, but the whole system feels like I just created shelves to restack the boxes that were stacked on that wall already.

Once we tear out the closet, there will be space to add the drawers. We're also going to have to put up more shelving on that north wall because there just isn't enough room for everything that's back there and the twin bed that will have to be set up in there. Still have to clean the kitchen and office. *Whimper*

I found a conference to go to. *Big beeming smile* Well I had run across a mention of SluethFest and looked that one up. It's put on by the Florida chapter of Mystery Writers of America, 4 days in Fort Lauderdale with Katherine Ramsland as one of the guest speakers and big emphasis on writing. The catch is it's set for the beginning of March and is way, way, way out of our price range. March will have us really gearing up for Acadiana Faire. It doesn't work. *Big huge sigh*

But Chad had asked about a Louisiana chapter. I shrugged it off. If it existed it was probably in New Orleans and got blowed away. But I remembered to go googling the next time I spoted the SluethFest website that I had left open on my computer. And I found that Louisiana is part of the Southwest chapter of Mystery Writers of America along with Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. And they have a conference in June! Hardboiled Heroes and Cozy Cats. Okay so it's not Malice Domestic or Bouchercon. 80 people hardly make a convention. But it's a drivable distance, it's at a good time, it's only 2 days, so we can afford to go. And it's incentive to finish Zy's novel and give the bloody thing a title, so I have a manuscript to work on getting better (or at least to show that I'm serious about this writing craft).

2008 Bouchercon might be doable though. But I need to finish this blog entry so I can get to work work.

I got my papers signed by the doctor, so I can have a personal trainer. Good thing, since I already paid for one and the yearly locker fee. I just can't haul the towels around. Thay take up too much room in the gym bag. I haven't got the music to work yet, and am waiting for an email back from Napster as to why it's not working.

I messed up keeping my food diary over the weekend, so I had to start it back today. My appointment with the nutritionist is Jan. 26th. Must remember to put a leave slip in.

My sleep schedule is really screwed up now. I didn't have a schedule the whole three day weekend.

Mom finally agreed to stop using the dump and it needs landscaping. Yippeee!

Both of my classes are listed in the same room. I hope they don't change them so it'll be easier to remember where to go. Creative Writing is up tonight. And that's all for now boys and girls!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend who has diabetes has sleeping problems too. I think it comes with the territory.

The conference sounds fun :)

Hope you enjoy the exercising!

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Red's sorta alive! How did the move go?