Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stubborn Gene Activated

No I didn't get to the kitch yesterday. I got home for supper and bedtime. Still, I must do something with it tonight.

The crux of the delimnia is dirty dishes. I loathe washing dishes, hence why I've been promising myself a dishwasher for so long (let see, living in the apartment in Natchitoches eight years ago). Chad can't hand wash with his allergies. My answer is to buy a dishwasher. Chad's answer is to use paper plates.

And that's where my stubbornness seem to step in. The mention of paper plates for daily use--not a party or a picnic--makes me grit my teeth and growl. No, I won't do it, it's cheating. I'm evil, lazy, white trash if I use paper plates. I'm above that. I'm not a cheap college student who doesn't have a sink to wash dishes in. Nothing logical about this hatred.

Is it perhaps because everyone I know who depends on paper plates have houses where housekeeping is optional? I desperately don't want to live like that--even if I can't master picking up after myself.

But logically I have to admit that using paper plates until I save enough for a dishwasher would be less of a headache and incentive to save. Okay I decided. By setting aside $50 a pay period, I can pay for the dishwasher is eight pay periods roughly four months. I can deal with paper plates for that long.

After vacation/conference and dishwasher, the no-spend-out-of fund needs to be geared towards a Roth IRA.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: