Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Today equals not a good week

Driving along, just past Holden when funny knocking noise starts on the back right tire. Sounds like I've picked up a stick. Stops before I pull over to the shoulder. Then starts again. Next exit, Livingston, I get out and look. I see sharp metal things coming out of the tire.

The auto parts guy was nice enough to explain the belts on my tire were coming apart and pointed me to a garage that put my spare on. Then I had to go buy tires. Then off to a different garage to get tires aligned and oil changed. However did get everything done for under $300, which my mother's friends assured me is really good. But it was after noon by the time I was finished, no going into work. :p

So I found the kitchen table. WOOT! Called the surveyors and they said it'll be 4 weeks before getting to me. Called my morgage people and told them to find a faster surveyor. Called for homeowner's insurance and finally managed to get one company to actually quote me. But by that time it was 4:30 and I figured the rest of the numbers I pegged will have closed their offices. So calling tomorrow.

I also got "Father's Love" into the mail, finally. Sans cover letter, and still feeling trepidation over that.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: