Sunday, August 22, 2004

Humbling

Okay, to keep word counts at my fingertips and to figure out what pips to get at Forward Motion, I just listed all my original works word counts in my tracking sheets.

26 finished with a word count all under 9260 words.
3 works that I can't count because I have lost both hard copies and computer copies.
6 works are in progress. Unfortunately, anything I could have over 60,000 words is in this category. :p

Those 26 works add up to 94,069 words. Now that would be a damn impressive novel.

And no, none of these number reflect the fanfiction works I've written, which has the two longest projects I have managed to complete to date.

I guess it isn't a bad output for 16 years of work. And true, the vast majority of it is practice junk. And while doing all these tweaks I refound the Ageism column, which counts as a sale (it wasn't self published).

Looks like the first juvenile magazine I'm sending "Father's Love" to is Cricket. 12 week wait though. Ouch. I'd rather try Just Weird Enough but it's website refuses to come up. I sent email, but I haven't gotten a response. I'll be sure to listen pertinant info for the rest of you guys.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: