Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring, Sprang, Sprung

I have a new incantation location, the gas pump. The incantation goes as follows: "Please take the debit card, payday is Thursday. Please take the card, I won't drive any extra. Please take the card, payday is Thursday. Please take the card, the car is empty." So far it has worked every time I've had to use it, which is far too often lately. just get through this month, just get through this month.

And so much for getting my sleep schedule back inline during a holiday. So I'm sure why I feel so blah is due to sleeping poorly. One mystery solved, and I go to bed early tonight (or technically, on time).

It must be spring because I'm getting that undeniable nesting urge. Spring cleaning, redecorating, build furniture for the house, garden. I think it's a side effect of the pollen.

One thing I learned last week as I tried to restart the planning habit that flopped miserably, I such at limits. Here's the starting theory: Plan your big rocks for the week, plan the day's MITs to accomplish the big rocks first, and cross off items as you accomplish them. Keep the limit to what you can accomplish in a day and in a week.

So what do I do? I get a late start to the week last week, but Tuesday's schedule not too bad. Then on Wednesday I list as a Big Rock "finish Tuesday's MITs." That sounded like a good idea, and I continued it for the rest of the week's scheduling. Result was by Saturday I had twenty-two MITs to do.

Not doing that this week. This week I planned the big rocks, then scheduled them on different days. Hopefully, this way I'll get to touch the stuff I didn't get to last week.

Now, I'm off to get editing finished so I can go find betas.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: