*Sigh* At least there's a paycheck deposit next week. And I need a secondary stream of income, nothing new with that. :p Sent off my taxes on March 17th and I really need to stop waiting so late. I should be getting my refund between March 26th and 31st. Once armed with my tax return numbers, I used this 2008 Economic Stimulus Package Tax Rebate Calculator. It swears I'm going to get the full $600.00 by May 16th. I still don't believe I'm getting it, been screwed too much by money I expected. Yeah, I'm still trying to get Sallie Mae straightened out so school is paid off. Me paying off Sallie Mae is a longer term position.
I got more clarifying on the difference between short-term, med-term, and long-term saving goals. I was basing my definitions on when I want to accomplish the goals.
- Short-term = purchases costing less than $300.00
- Med-term = purchases costing over $300.00
- Long-term = retirement, child's education, etc.
Short-term Saving Goals
- Dishwasher fund = $500.00
- Reenacting hobby fund = $200.00
Med-term Saving Goals
- Paying off Minor Debt Fund = $965.52
- Laptop fund = $1000.00
- Cosmetic treatments fund = $1000.00
- STEF = $2202.00
- European vacation = $5000.00
- Bathroom remodel = $6000.00
Long-term Saving Goals
- House remodel = $200,000.00
- Retirement fund = $292,547.00
- Atticus's college fund = $20,000.00
Currently, I'm only working on saving for the STEF badly.
I adjusted my Dfrd. Compensation plan to the Help-Me-Do-It section. I managed to avoid the "you must increase your payments in" recommendation, but I followed the allocation suggestions. It did get rid of my Stable Value Fixed Income Fund, i.e. bonds. But I'm willing to give the advice time to work.
Measure weekly budget reviews with Joe's Goals
- Find a Baton Rouge consignment shop
- Finish setting up the Amazon sales
- Do online surveys every night before bed.
Print out taxes. Submit taxes electronically. Fill out rebate calculator Buy cat food
- Research disability insurance.
- Call Sallie Mae
There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/