Friday, March 07, 2008

Current Events

A whole hell of a lot going on right now. Some of which I'd rather not talk about here until after Sunday's Acadiana Medieval Faire's meeting. Though I'm feeling oodles of kinship with the gal in the Verizon Christmas commerical who got a pony.



That added with a heaping bucketful of confusion. *SIGH* And making phone calls and emails tonight.

What is safe to talk about:

Outlook has been given me aggravation, but I think I found the info to fix it. I want to give it an honest trail run, but if this happens again where I can't use the reading pane or the program for more than 5 seconds, I'm switching to another email client.

I'm still working on the edits every morning, but I'm finding it's hard to get anything accomplished in thirty minutes. I have notes to type in DUF that I'm doing them, just no time to type them.

Homework: mondo typing that must be done with that. I just hope what I end up with actually works as an ethnography and doesn't come across as a deranged blog post. Reading and discussion board comments I need to catch up on too.

Need to figure out how to do my full-time job, my part-time writing job, my school work, a changed part-time job, website upkeep, housekeeping, budgeting, health without any of them suffering. I know, I know, this is a recipe for something giving way because that has happened every single time I have gotten overwhelmed.

I know, sometimes, you just have to jump on the opportunities that are thrust upon you. And what looks scary and overwhelming can actually turn into the best thing ever. And all I keep focusing on is Ed Harris' portrayal of Gene Kranz in Apollo 13: "Failure is NOT an OPTION!" Looked for the clip on YouTube, but nobody has it. :p

And part of me wonders why I even try. Because I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to eat and go to the gym tonight, and if I can't figure out how to structure that, what good am I to anyone?

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: