Friday, April 07, 2006

Getting Kicked in the Pants Yesterday

Yesterday's fun: blood work at the lab, mailed certified letter to close out April 30, 2005 wreck, set up Bloglines account. I'm keeping BlogRoll (it's easier to update the blog link list with it) but Bloglines shows LiveJournal updates. See Blogging 201 for more information.

Submit to Submission couples with the lessons from Lawrence Block have reamed me. So it's time to put yp, shut up, and get off my ass. Time to earn 100 rejections. I think I can use the word meter to keep track of rejections for web-prettiness. I'll keep track of the important details offline.

I sent off the Front Porch and got so worked up about it and doing laundry at the same time, I forgot to tell them it has never been published before. Tonight I need to get a list together of markets I should be subscribing to.

G.I. Joe: I spent wayy too long last night catching up on G.I. Joe continuity. It was a cartoon I watched religiously as a child of the 80's, but I had never read the comics. Too bad I didn't because I learned some stuff that left my mouth open.

#1: Destro is Scottish.
#2: They killed off Lady Jaye. *Sniff* She was my fave.
#3: Cobra Commander in the cartoon was a space alien that even his species didn't like and exiled to Earth. In the comics, he was an American who went around the bend after his brother returned from Vietnam with a death wish. That death wish led to drinking and driving and killing himself and Snake-eye's family. Somehow, the man who would be Cobra Commander decided it was the government and Snake-eye's fault his brother died and his life was shit, and things spiraled from there.

Cobra Commander was a home grown terrorist a decade before Timothy McVeigh.

And this revelation was caused because David Willis likes Cover Girl's butt.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: