Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back Bedroom Part Two

Okay, I was a triffle ambitious that Part Two would have the "after" pictures.

As I said earlier, drawers fell down with a crash. Here's the stack that I made after the crash.


I drilled holes into the wall for the masonry anchors to hold up the drawers. Here's me holding up a blot that I'm afraid is too long, and you can see the hole with anchor in the wall.


Here's the holes where the whole damn side popped out of the wall. I didn't even have a chance to hang the other side up.


Why? Partly because I think the white support is slightly bent. You can see the supports in use in this shot. Granted it is the other side of the room, but you get the idea.


The second reason is because the two back rooms are a pine lean-to. They put 2x6 pine boards flat to make the walls and then covered with sheetrock and siding on the outside. There's no hollow space for the anchors to expand into!

And how do I know? Here's the holes I made with the drill on the kitchen side of the wall.


So tomorrow it's off to Lowe's for putty to fill in the walls, and 2-inch wood screws. Hopefully that should keep the damn thing on the wall this time. This is shaping up to be a fun weekend.

Stay turned for Part Three!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are getting somewhere!

M.