Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday again

Week in, week out.

Today's not a bad Monday though; the office decided to have a party. I elected to do the sandwich trey. Well, Saturday was Spider-man 2 and board game night, no stopping at a grocery store and I forgot all about it. Sunday, Chad and I cleaned his apartment over the Inn (what he calls the big unfinished dorm room). So I'm getting dressed this morning, wondering what I'm going to do for lunch when it hits me "we're having a food party no lunch necessary." Followed immediately by "OH SHIT!"

Delis always need at least 24-hour notice. So I rushed into Wal-Mart at 7am on my way to work, and bought the necessary items for sandwiches. But then three other people forgot too and had to make last minutes save, and I don't feel as bad.

Writing news: Don't use the Microsoft Word insert a horizontal line feature if you plan to move the file into Word Perfect or another program. It refuses to delete. I'm having to retype whole sections trying to erase the line. I'm going to have to check the Word Perfect line will erase.

I'm going to be practicing with Stein's triage editing technique for the Editing Lessons. I'm thinking of setting up a series of those where one story is taken through the editing steps.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: