Tuesday, July 13, 2004

First chance I've had to blog all day

Assessment time is such a lovely time of the year. Forms coming in that must be audited, lawsuits piling up; I've done 50 of those today. Ugh. And we haven't even hit the busy part of the month yet.

I downloaded Mozilla last night. I need a secondary browzer to check webpages with, as well as just being fed up with the garbage I.E. allows through. Now if we can only convince the firewall programmers and the computer hardware makers that when you do a port trace on a virus or other nasty, it sends an electric pulse back to the computer who sent it. Eventually the stupid cyber terrorists won't be able to afford new computer equipment. Course this doesn't wipe out the idiot factor, just that the idiots who don't have their computers protected would have to buy new equipment too.

Have to finish two library books before Friday. Lost track of reading them while I worked on new bought books, opps. Bold in Her Breeches has just been feminist academic rhetoric so far. I need more facts for me pirate crew.

Got the kitchen half-cleaned last night, meaning the spring cleaning that has been dragging on for months. Course the half that's left to do is the mess brought in from other rooms. All the spices ended up in a plastic basket that buying a new toolbox freed. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to build a wooden spice rack; I can't find one anywhere. Have another look at Wal-Mart tonight when I go shopping, and there is possible some kitchen-wares stores to hit in Gonzales. But if that's a no go, I'm pulling out my hammer and nails.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: