Friday, February 08, 2008

Walking Workout 1

So I did the oversleep thing on a Friday again this week. I think it may be caffeine intake. So since I had finally gotten the locker rental renwal straightened out and wanted a shower to scrub my hair, I decided to go the campus eat dinner there, workout, shower, go home.

HA! Okay, I first attended SLU in the summer of 1995 with no car and I didn’t have my parents come get me every weekend. I soon learned then to buy provisions for the weekend from the cafeteria before noon because everything closed Friday afternoon and didn’t open again until Monday morning. Luckily, I was still part of Upward Bound and they fed me with their high school students the times I forgot.

That hasn’t changed in over a decade. So I had to back track to a fast food joint that got my order wrong. Okay, I am going to walk the track for an hour. It’s cardio but low-impact, and hell because the words are coming so well, I’m going to writing and walk at the same time. As long as I don’t run into a wall or another gym user, I’ll be fine. And if I slow down, I’ll be fine because I’m going to truck for an hour. Then take a shower and go home.

So I pick up my paperwork, dress out, and find the notice of operating hours. Gym closes at 8pm. It’s already 6:50.

So I walked for 30 minutes, and the pedometer, which I’m not sure is accurate or not, measured 3224 steps. The handwriting in the notebook is atrocious, but I’m practically up to the end of the scene. Which means I need to do some rough outlining to make sure the next POV jumps work. But I’m used to my handwriting being atrocious, I just have to recopy it fairly soon.

Got my shower and got out of there a little after closing time. I will work walking into my schedule more on shower days, since I need a little more cardio to go with the weight training and yoga stuff. I’m hoping to be able to resume the Iron Experiment at the end of February or beginning of March when the temps stay in the warm range more consistently.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: