Thursday, February 07, 2008

Counting Eggs before they’re hatched

I do honestly try. Especially with money. See the whole Budget category for why with money.

But nothing makes me see red faster than being told lies when I asked all the right questions. I asked Sallie Mae about the half-time status and was it required for the Student Signature Loans. “Nope.” Asked the school’s Financial Aid department. “Nope.” Take twice to fill out the online application because I need a co-signer. Call the school yesterday, “We’re going to denying it because you’re under half-time status and according to your FASFA score you should be able to pay this bill.”

My response: “FASFA lied to you.”

Call Sallie Mae up again. Different loan, but money comes directly to me, half-time status doesn’t matter. Go to fill that online application. Can’t get as much out as I would have with the Federal loans. Then the form won’t proceed to the next level no matter what numbers I put in. Call Sallie Mae, won’t work with the over-the-phone-instructions. Print out form, fill it out, and fax it in. Just faxed off this morning because of course they asked questions on the form I only have at home. And I’m expecting to hear back from them that I filled something out wrong or I can’t get the reduced amount I’m asking for.

Well I guess if this flops, I can always go sell an egg. My ovaries are perfectly healthy, and if you put me completely under, I could deal with the thought of surgery. Oh just Goggled it, probably not the best way to go, very time consuming. And Cylons made it look so easy on Battlestar Galactic. :p

I’m trying not to have to go get a pizza delivery job, but if this last loan falls through and my credit union is unwilling to help me again, I may have to get it to pay off this last class. *Shmeg*

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: