Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Where To Begin

I've been offline and too busy to get on the computer for the past four days. And three of those days, I couldn't even reach the computer. So a recap of the holiday weekend.

Friday Dec. 24
I finished the roof patch job Thursday night, banging my thumb in the process. Most of Friday was spent cleaning the back bedroom: finding places to store stuff, reorganizing a few things, mopping, and vacuuming. Finished the bathroom and the hall. Dad helped me move the mattresses around.

Saturday Dec. 25
Had to cook for Christmas dinner so this was the rest of the kitchen day. Was washing dishes when I looked out the window to see snow falling. Surreal, honest snowfall. Melted as soon as it hit the ground, but it was snow. Finished all the dirty dishes and the stuff that had migrated to the table went back to where it belonged. Had Christmas dinner with my parents and gave them their gifts. All my bedroom and living room needed were a mopping and vacuuming, and I got that done. Sorted through my drawers and recycled some T-shirts.

Sunday Dec. 26
All that's left is the office. And I couldn't walk in there. I moved the stacks so I could and ran out of steam. I waited for my company and colored. And watched all of "The Two Towers" commentary before they got there. Also noticed that something was wrong with Mustard's eye.

Monday Dec. 27

GRE day. Saw my company off and went to take the test. Made a 490 on the Quantative (Math) and 580 on the Verbal. Mustard needed to go to the vet. Put him in the cat carrier, and into the car, and the first stop was Southeastern. I was supposed to drop off my transcript, and I quizzed the person I had talked to on the phone that they were going to be open on the 27th. It was a ghost town.

Got Mustard to the vet and got oinment for his eye. Fixing him will probably happen next Monday. And since I was on the right side of town, I figured I'd check on all the cats. Putz, and Rick's four (two at the Faire site and two at his house) since they're all out of town. No keys.

Take Mustard home and get the keys. Opened the cat carrier door, but it didn't swing open very much. Okay, he'll push it open when he gets tired of it. Go check on all the cats. They're fine, except Putz. I can't seem to make Chad understand that yes, she's little but she has a fur coat. He had both his heaters on 75 degrees. She was ready to run out for relief. I turned one off and the other down to 65 degrees.

Finally got back home. The garbage had been scattered all over my driveway. Mustard was meowing pitifully, still inside the cat carrier. I had to laugh at him.

Today
Mustard doesn't like the oinment until after you get it on his eye. It's just a little infected. Back at work, and we had seven buckets of mail so far. And now lunch is over.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: