Friday, December 10, 2004

Exhausted Yesterday Better Today

I think I was so tired because I woke up night before last during the latest storm and electric outage. Hot and sticky and my knee still hurt.

The knee--the doctor thinks it's Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Basically, it means my leg muscles are pulling my kneecap out of place. I've got a knee brace, ibuprofen, and therapy exercises--which I haven't had five free minutes to go in two days.

Worried about Red. I hope it's just work that has swallowed her whole.

I am feeling better today, more sleep or the fact Chad spent the night. Gutter minds have fun with that one.

Got the GRE scheduled for December 27th. Thank you Governor Blanco for giving us the Monday after Christmas off; the testing center isn't open on weekends. Yes, that really is our Governor's name.

I should be able to get all school stuff done that day and get in. I'm not going to be willy-nilly about this degree. No jumping around taking classes that don't count just 'cause they're interesting. Though I will make an exception if Joe Burns is giving a night or online course in Web Design.

And Fans! has had the most hysterical Friday cliffhanger ever. I know I'm the only one who likes this comic, but a Borg Scooby-Doo should appeal to more than just me.

Last weekend of Faire, but I don't know if I can wear the knee brace in my garb. I might have to be in street clothes 'cause I have to give my pirates their participation awards.

But once Faire is over, I can concentrate on the house and Yule. I know my co-workers think I'm as bad as Scrooge, but it still feels too early to get into the season.

Ah, but I think I found something that shall help. DAAAAA da da da da dum dum. Took fifteen years, but we now have the Phantom on the silver screen! Okay, so it's not exactly "It's a Wonderful Life." Damn, I may have to forgive Joel over the Batman disaster.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: