Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Wednesday blahs

I think I have settled onto a theme for this week in titles.

*Gritting teeth.* Neil Gaiman won a damn Hugo with a comic book and they had to change the rules not to allow them any more. Movies have had sound a lot longer than you think; before talkies there were orchestras in movie theaters. And I'm reading the bloody comic in question and he's using WORDS with pictures to tell the story.

Her arguement doesn't hold water any ways. You're telling a story and it belongs in the story sections. Art doesn't tell a linear story, even though it may be inspired or inspire one.

But all that's just my nitpicking flaring up. What really pisses me off is the snarky attitude. "I don't have to tell you that I'm moving a thread because I'm the moderator. And of course I know more than you because I'm in the bloody school and that also entitles me not to explain my actions to you lowlifes on the board."

I'm remembering "ultimate power corrupts ultimately." And lack of sleep is blowing things out of proportion. But the extended version of "Return of the King" was good. *Sigh* I just wish they had left in the Scouring of the Shire. I understand the reasons for not, but it's still my second favourite part of the books and I miss it.

Got about half the laundry done. And straightened out the entertainment center. Need to get another shelf to go with it. Need to work in the kitchen tonight; it's the worst. Also need to find my bills and get those in the mail before Christmas. Problem is I don't want to work on math when I get home. But I have to do it before I go clothes shopping.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: