Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wednesday *oh brother*

Yesterday I had my appointment with my advisor. He confirmed what I had anticipated, they don't have anything I can take suring the summer term. I got set up for the fall and went on to work.

Once I reached work, my coworkers told me my mother had called. And since my family never calls me at work, it's serious. Called mom. She had gotten in a car wreck coming home from work that morning. Turned around and went home. Stayed less than 15 minutes at work, must be a record.

I got the whole story when I got home. Not that Mom really remembers much. She remembers hitting the wake-up groves on the side of the Interstate and then she started spinning. She ended up in a gully, where the trees actually stopped her from going into the water. A nice young man helped her out having see the whole thing, and you couldn't see the car from the road.

What we think is that she may have dozed behind the wheel, overcompensated when she hit the bumps, and on the slick from all night rain road went into a spin. There was a lot of other crap that went on contected with the incident that I really don't feel like getting into.

Most important thing is Mom is fine, probably just whiplash is all she's going to suffer from. The car could possibly be totaled, but we don't know for sure yet.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: