Monday, March 14, 2005

Did I Say Something Wrong?

Now that the homework assignment that's due today is finally finished, I can think about this. Quiet frankly, I don't know what to think, so I'm just blabbing to get it out of my head.

I posted "TMNT: Bloodlines" to FF.net. My motivation: cross advertising and to draw some of the TMNT crowd to the crossover and see what they think about it. "Bloodlines" did pretty well, 30 reviews for 17 chapters.

I'm not in it for the praise. I love writing and knowing that other people loved it or hated it is just a perk to writing. The reviews were positive and I started reading and reviewing those who had read and reviewed me. I try to play it forward. Granted, life intervened and I haven't been able to finish that list.

I got through a couple of stories and asked in one review what fan series she was basing her story off of. She emailed me back with the website to find it. I thanked her for it, asked about the awards I had seen mentioned about a few stories, and said I didn't want to immerse myself in the fandom. It's true; I don't have the time to be as involved as I am with BMFM. But I intend to do my part with those online with FF.net. I didn't get a response.

I started putting "TMNT: The Ronin" up, and went from 30 reviews from 12 different people to 8 reviews from 3. It's not about the numbers. But the most prolific reveiwer for "the Ronin" noticed to lack of attention in one of her reviews. I'm just confused. And I can't help wondering if I phrased my not wanting to get involved badly so they're not bothering with my stories anymore?

On the other hand, I'll probably feel better once I offer a few more reviews to people who deserve them.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: