Friday, March 04, 2005

Catch up

It has been over a week since my last post. I feel like a Catholic at the confessional. (Nothing derogatory meant toward Catholics by that statement.) It's been a whirlwind week. I'm not even going to try to break it down by day. I've been tracking topics to cover instead. Compulsively, writer-ly of me I know. I just can't help myself. I should, it would save energy to direct it into the projects that need it, but like I said: I can't help myself.

Birthday
February 26 is the day I graced the world. (If a gal can't be egotistical about her birthday, there is no joy in life.) So this year Chad took me out to the New Orleans Museum of Art, the Aquarium of the Americas, and we had lunch at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. And he was pleasantly surprised by the art that had been added to the museum (it has been at least a decade since he had last gone). Scary for me driving over the Twinspan going home, but much shorter than the Causeway. But I-55 doesn't bother me and it's built over swamps.

New job opportunity
It's at Southeastern which would give me a 15 minute commute in the morning. I had to scramble and take a typing test Monday because that was the only thing lacking. Human Resources got my application and said check back with them on Wednesday after the typing scores post, but if the deadline for the position isn't extended I won't be in consideration.

And I'm over-qualified for it. But how they know that without knowing me?

School
Classes are fine, got A's in both. And they finally sent me the first part of my financial aid--on March 1st. My coworkers keep waiting for school to send me to the loony bin (or further into the loony bin). But classes have never been a problem for me.

Fate hitting me in the head
I have an opportunity in my writing career that I'm afraid of jinxing too much if I actually talk about it here. But it made me go buy the book How to Write for Animation by Jeffrey Scott. To show you how to put together a cartoon script, he pulls apart one of his "Mobster From Dimension X" written for the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series. I just bought the first volume of that series on DVD and that episode is one of the bonus episodes included on the DVD. I can take a hint okay?

Mustard needs a screen porch
My cat retaliates on me when he goes without outside time. But when he has outside time, he wants to be with me. I want a screen porch with a cat door so I don't have to worry about him.

Being in love with words doesn't do any good if there's no time to read
Went overboard checking books out again. I have to start learning to restrain myself when I go in. Check two out not ten. :p

Bought a label writer
Yeah finally! And got it working. No more wasting labels sending them through the regular printer. Haven't figured out all the details of the program yet, and still have to print up labels for the next stops on the submission

TV on the porch
Chad calls them my appliance gremlins. This week a TV is sitting on top of my washing machine. An old TV with built-in antennas and too heavy for me to pick up so I can USE my washing machine.

I suppose I should be glad my parents don't wake me up when they drop stuff off. I suppose I have no say-so in the matter since they stored my extra stuff while I was away at college. But I'm irked that it showed up Tuesday morning and here it is Friday and I have no explanation as to why it is there! And what's wrong with ASKING me before dumping something on me?

I guess it does matter. Damn, this is not going to be a fun fight. I still have shit that never left my front porch from the last garage sale. I could decorate before they have the one this month, and tell them it has to be put back in this condition. *Sigh* Like I have time to do that.

Creating logos
Finally got my ideas--it's one of my assignments for class--and found tutorials to help me build them in Paint Shop Pro. *Happy Dance*

The Garb Closet
It's been forever and a day, but I'm going to do some kind of sewing this weekend. Probably Sunday.

Updates
Yeah, Updates have been delayed. This will probably be my catch-up weekend.

Clothes shopping
Now that I have money, I went and bought some new clothes for interviews. Even if I don't get this one, I will be applying for the next opening Southeastern has.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: