Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Details

Depending on blogs to tell if a friend is still alive--only Bek passes that. I know Jazzie's alive; she answers email. Slowly, but there are nights I'm not on the computer either--most nights actually. Slow time at work keeps me on the Internet there. So do I feel like an idiot for keeping with something that's too much trouble for the ones who talked me into keeping a blog in the first place?

Blame the commute home; it always makes me introspective.

Truth is I feel suckered. Hello I love writing and hate disappointing a reader and have a high need to bitch/debate/converse. Hand the pyro a lighter, why don'tcha?

So I'm kvetching, something else I'm good at. Now that I'm a blogger I doubt I can give it up. And I really don't mind it so much, even if most people not into it feel like it voyerism. So I guess I don't feel all that suckered. But the mystery crit circle at Forward Motion? Oh yeah, I've got some deep resentment getting saddled with that.

But for the blog, I'm going to try to list some more current events. Yes, I do have some. :p

Bay Area Renaissance Festival: No, I don't know why they gave themselves the acronym "BARF" but they put on a pretty nice show. We're going this weekend if we can get everything together. I get to see my Tampa-transplanted friends Neobergeron
and Ladybug.

The downside, Chad's eye condition had a major flare up. Without going into medical details, he has no vision in one eye and there's nothing you can do except let it heal for 6 to 8 weeks. So there is no way he can help me drive to Tampa. And I'm supposed to make all the travel arrangements with everything else I have to do.

Classwork: All A's on every assignment. Steve Krug's book Don't Make Me Think is a must read for everyone running a website. Project to complete: Hypertext Transfer, Individual Hypertext, Final Project, Research Paper, and take-home Final. Bear in mind these are for two classes.

Reading: Pleasure reading/personal research reading not the research I have to do for the above project. Just finished Modus Operendi in the Howdunit series. I really need to collect that whole set. They're geared for mystery writers and I need the details in them. Currently working on Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury to get my muse inspired again.

Daily Writing Schedule: Need to stop putting so much on it. And I need to start working on it.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: