Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Do all the idiots have to use my route too?

Okay, I'm scrambling this morning to get ready because today is interview day. Spent 10 minutes trying to iron the hem to stay up in the blouse of my Tara Diddle suit. (We ended up stapling it once I reached work.) I have to take a pic of this suit; it scary similar to what the reporter wore on Biker Mice.

Anyways, I'm cruising along I-12 when the radio people tell me that there's a wreck involving two 18-wheelers and a car on the interstate at Denham Springs. Huge problems already because everyone fleeing Baton Rouge has moved to Denham Springs. I get off at Walker to get on Hwy. 190.

Hwy. 190 is crawling too. The radio people come back a wreck a mile past Walker on 190 and another wreck on I-10 that's affecting the 10/12 Split. (Actually it's a split and a merge, but the Split part got the name.) So I get off 190 and head for Magnolia Beach bridge, which is my last shot at crossing the Amite river. It is clear, HUZZAH! But still getting to my job via that route made me 30 minutes late this morning. I didn't splutter to bad getting in, just asking why they can't have their wrecks on the other side of the Mississippi River. And then my coworker found my car keys on the outside of my car in the door lock where I hadn't locked my car.

And the day hasn't even started yet. LOL

There was some confusion over Xant's dragon child. He's in the adult Zack picture I made with Hero Machine. The story isn't up yet, due to needing to rewrite the next two novels in the trilogy.

My books finally came in yesterday. *Happy dance* Started on Editing Your Fiction first, since that's what I'm in the middle of more or less. I like this guy already; he harps on theme and premise as much as I do.

To Do: the Chosen, GG#6 (I hate the verbs), and more house cleaning. I got my bedroom and living room done. Now I have to start laundry. Need to call Kai and tell her to make sure the washing machine is empty for 6pm.

Provided the idiots don't get in the way again.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: