Sunday, January 11, 2009

Writing Goals for 2009

Cherie Priest had a post (I’m slowly catching up on my blog reading) in which she had gave her final fiction tally for 2008, which was under her goal amount, and she also said how she reached said goal amount. 1000 words a day times 365 days = 356,000 words for the year. Totally doable goal for a year, so I’m borrowing it for 2009. I just have to remember that only fiction counts.

So let me do some math. 32,923 words written as of December 31st. Add that to 365,000 and I get 397,923 as the number I plug into the marathon tracker. Having technical difficulties setting that up, moving on.

Projects! There’s so much bouncing in my head, in my notebooks, in my computer that wants to get done! This is where my Writing Project list comes in so handy. I already have so much on it, I don’t need to go looking for something in the idea folder. Maybe that should be a goal for 2010—pull an idea out of the idea folder.

First Draft Finished
Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won By Those Who Dare: Turbo
Biker Mice From Mars: Evil Jack: For Worse


Finish with Publication or Submission
Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas

Write
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic
Strix


Boy, do I still have stuff listed after that, but I don’t want to over plan. Seriously, if over planning is my weakness, I’d much rather wake up in June and say “I finished all that; what’s next?” Plus there’s the nonfiction to consider too. Bloody nonfiction getting in my way. ‘Dems the breaks, cherie. (And I have no idea why Gambit suddenly sprouted in my head.)

Besides with the epic tale Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic is shaping to be, I’ll probably kill my word count on it and whatever Strix shapes into.

Now off to be responsible and cook food and finish reading so I can get on with more responsible things.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: