Friday, January 23, 2009

Number Crunching 146

Quicken Cash Flow = 447.97
STEF Total = 436.20

Enter receipts into Quicken: Done.

Reconcile Quicken to online accounts: Done.

Add totals to spreadsheet: Done.

What did I accomplish during the week?
  • Downloaded TurboTax – 2009’s payment due Nov. 1st = 59.95
  • Had to check with Nationstar again because their letters for the past due amount were sent before I made the payment plans. I got the letters and freaked out that they had canceled the payment plan. Everything is still set up.
  • I can’t figure out what went wrong with the Graphic Smash payment. Voided that payment.
  • Checked out Helium.com. It’s a site that pays for writing, unfortunately not for fiction which they also accept. So now I have a choice to make about how to sell my nonfiction.
  • Cleaned up the harddrive’s Budget folder. Much easier to find the files I need now.

Your Money or Your Life Exercise: Just guess.

Plans for next week:
  • Figure out how to pay off Liberty Mutual past due.
  • Do taxes with Turbo Tax.
  • Set up ING Direct savings account with $183.50 at the least. That amount equals one month of the STEF goal total.
  • Join Walgreens Easy Savers program.
  • File paperwork in binder.
  • Clean out binder of 2008 data. (I think I may have already but I can’t remember if I did.)


This is how easy updating the budget should be, providing I clean out the inbox every day and don’t let the stuff pile up.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: