Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I hate the electric company

Why can't they settle on a number to use as the due date? Why does it have to be the first Monday of the month when my next paycheck falls on the Friday after that, so I have to try to squeeze that payment out of this paycheck? So what can I cut? Grocery shopping (again), my payment to Mom for use of her gas card, going to the vet (again)?

What makes the damn high electric bill even worse is that I was watching my usage! Everything went off except one AC because I don't want the cat to suffocate. I'm out of the house 12 hours a day, all the lights go out when I'm sleeping except for two nightlights. Two fans run constantly and possibly the computer if I don't turn it off. That creates at least a $10 difference in usage from last year? And the bill shows that the difference is in usage, not in price of electricity, though I'm going to have to double check that when I get home.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: