Monday, June 21, 2004

30 Minutes

Quote of the Day: Women's virtue is man's greatest invention. -- Cornelia Otis Skinner

The need and benefit of thirty minutes of exercise a day has been well documented according to this article that sums it all up. My problem has been finding the time. I tried getting up an hour earlier to exercise, but the trade off with lack of sleep doesn't work. But that was with an exercise routine that took about 45 minutes.

Since I'm not willing to get up that early, and I'm not willing to give up my writing hour for exercise hour, and exercising after I get home would make me too wired for real sleep, I figured the exercising was doomed. Just try to watch what I eat. I gained 5 pounds since my last doctor's visit in April.

Then it hit me this morning, the alarm is set for 5am. The cat expects his food at 5am. (Poor thing must have figured I was going to put more flea killing stuff on him, he left me alone this morning.) I don't have to get up till 5:30am in order to be ready for work, but I hate setting the minutes on the clock so I set the alarm on the hours. I found my thirty minutes.

Course, I had this revelation when it was time to crawl out of bed and get dressed. But I'm going to start tomorrow!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: