Sunday, June 20, 2004

*Bleary-eyed* Finished?

Of course the 200 degrees (slight exaggeration, but not really once you factor in humidity) would strike on my big clean-up weekend.

Friday: Between my doctor visits, Chad, me and Mom get things moved for Mom. Chad gets a new (for him) desk. And we discover the truck's battery light is on. Chad also confused since I told him Thursday night we'd be working on Friday and he swears I didn't, but he was more worried about the TV problem at the house he was house-sitting for.

Saturday: Chad has to go get plants for the Faire site. Convenient that popping up on the weekend I've had planned for a month. Mom and I got table and chairs moved from my back porch to her house. We got halfway through the front porch by the time we had filled the truck. Of course, my sister is thoroughly pissed that we're getting rid of "her" garage sale stuff before she deems it time to have another one, and vanishes without a trace.

Truck is full, Mom takes shower, I wash my car. Then I take shower and we decide to go get food and drop stuff in truck off. Truck gets us to Ponchatoula before we realize no headlights and no real acceleration. Get truck back home, go for food in my car. After we buy Church's fried chicken, Mom can't get into my car with the funny lock system. I get her in, get the chicken in, and get myself in, leaving my wallet on the roof of my car. It goes flying off right on the fourlane highway right before the Interstate on-ramp. Quick U-turn and we save my wallet. Miraculously, NOTHING had fallen out of it.

We get home and Mom counts chicken. We bought a 16 peice meal and suffered politely with the trainee on the cash register, and only had 12 peices when we got home. We ate, and Mom broke her plate trying to get seconds. We get a swimming invite and Kenn and Amy bring over "Finding Nemo" and "Return of the King" for the gang to watch at Jaime's house--the one Chad is housing sitting for.

After a swell chase for a gas station that will take my credit card because I'm nearly empty, I finally make it to Jaime's. "Return of the King," which is rated PG-13, won't play in their Playstation 2 setup for DVDs because of the parental controls. Luckily, "Finding Nemo" does work. Cute film, beautiful animation.

Sunday: Go get Chd and he can only work half a day, needing to plant the plants they had gotten yesterday. We finish cleaning off my back porch,get my living room rug out, and go shopping for Mom and Lowes'. Oh, it's also Father's Day and guess who has no money for a present. *Raises hand.* Mom gets the corner of the garage she's going to move her new job opportunity into cleaned out and mostly set up.

I got the nonfiction books organized and shelved according to the Dewey Decimal system. And before there are any more "I can't believe you are that anal" comments, I've been using a cruder system of my own design for years. It's not effective enough. Especially when the smallest number of books I had in any of the ten categories was seven.

Course I go and shove everything off my desk onto the cleaned-off kitchen table, but my desk looks so much better now. :) It won't stay like this; that's actually the next project I have to work on.

Mustard still has fleas. I'm going to have to give him a flea shampoo bath next week after I get paid and he ain't going to like that at all. Chad recommends a flea collar too, to keep them off his face. I doubt my cat's going to like that either.

House news, I finally got a price from my grandmother. Onto the next phase of the quest!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: