Monday, November 03, 2003

Monday Owies!

RenFaire Update: Saturday's gate count was 935, which is really good considering that the competition was the day after Halloween parties, All Saints Day activities, LSU Homecoming game, Voodoo Fest in New Orleans, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Don't have any numbers for Sunday. The experiment around the lake is great. We just want the bloody temperatures to drop.

And I want to stop hurting. I can't remember if I took a muscle relaxer last night. I think I did, but woke up with calf muscles that didnot want to move. On top of feeling like I could use another hour or two of sleep. Just get me through this week and next week I think I only have to come to work one day.

I still have to check on my pirates. One of them went down either Saturday night or Sunday morning and his friend took him home. A guard in my area had fun on the Front Gate and dislocated his shoulder. And one of my squires's broken boots gave her a hairline fracture. Well that's one way to get a new pair of boots for Christmas.

Internet News: FoxFire's Palace isn't the only site not working on the host, but I'm still annoyed about it. My friend Jazz has canceled her blog, but I haven't deleted the link yet. She hasn't answered my email either and I'm worried. I can't fly to England this month.

I think I can put pictures in this blog, but I haven't figured out how yet. May work on that tonight. Will be working on uploading the Palace if I can get the info, graphics if I don't.

Writing: I took Friday off, and no writing will get done during the six weekends of Faire (one down, 5 to go). Today, I want to do a little bit of editing on a fic in a mailing group I'm in. I think I'm typing GG#6. And I need to write ahead on the Grammar Guides, Editing Lessons, and Miscellanous Concerns like I am with Writing Tutorials. Less posting work I think. Need to work on the Chosen, at least brainstorm on how I want the opening to go.

I did find my commuter notebook, under the car seat where I had checked when I got gas. :p But I have left it at home today. D'uh!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: