Thursday, August 20, 2009

Working Out the Runs

Those workout days will have to be split in half--the crunches in the morning before work and the running after. I'll be heading to North Oak Park to make sure my math is correct. Who's bright idea was it to make the walking/running path only 4/5 of a mile? Was the extra 1/5 of distance cost prohibitive? Why not do 3/4 and make the math to figure out laps so much easier?

The test session on how well I handle this depends on weather. I'm going to be miffed if I spent all day gearing myself up for this and a monsoon hits Hammond at the same time I do.

I managed two out of the five laps before the weather sent me to the car and then home. Still I learned some important things.
  • Changing in workout gear at work is probably better for my self-conscious ego. Everyone else shows up in what they plan on walking in.
  • No more athletic shorts. It doesn't matter how much sun my legs need, I can't do anything with chaffing thighs.
  • Need something to hold the keys.
  • Someone has marked the one mile on the track. Too bad they didn't mark the half-mile mark.
  • I'm less fit than I thought I was. My comfortable pace is walking.
  • It's going to take longer than I thought to do the milage if all I can manage is a walk.
Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: