The test session on how well I handle this depends on weather. I'm going to be miffed if I spent all day gearing myself up for this and a monsoon hits Hammond at the same time I do.
I managed two out of the five laps before the weather sent me to the car and then home. Still I learned some important things.
- Changing in workout gear at work is probably better for my self-conscious ego. Everyone else shows up in what they plan on walking in.
- No more athletic shorts. It doesn't matter how much sun my legs need, I can't do anything with chaffing thighs.
- Need something to hold the keys.
- Someone has marked the one mile on the track. Too bad they didn't mark the half-mile mark.
- I'm less fit than I thought I was. My comfortable pace is walking.
- It's going to take longer than I thought to do the milage if all I can manage is a walk.