Sunday, August 16, 2009

More on the Insanity

Yeah, here come the details. I'm still in the process of fine tuning them.

Erin_M created an alternate universe background to Tin Man in which Adora Springer is training to be a Tin Man and meets her future husband Wyatt Cain. I love this series, and thinking it would also be a great way for me to showcase how I think Tin Men uniforms would work, I promised to be Tin Man Adora Springer for Halloween.

The catch? I'm no where near believable fresh out of training cop shape.

The solution? The 90 day workout I built to be like PX90. I got through the first week and discovered where the issues are. Now I need to address the negative reinforcements that stop me from making the changes and help me slide into old bad habits. There are 78 days before Halloween and I want to kick ass. Plus it will totally help my health.

Bad Habits
  • Not taking my nighttime doses of medication.
  • I get stressed out and run to chocolate.
  • I hate the work required to eat right: planning, shopping, cooking, cleaning, packing lunches, cleaning. I give up on ever having a clean kitchen and eat fast food to avoid making more mess.
  • Exercise in the morning depends on waking up with time to exercise. I haven't bothered with exercising in the evening for fear it will keep me awake and I won't get up on time.
  • Too much time sitting at the computer because I can't get focused on my tasks.
So now to break these down with practical suggestions.
Not taking my nighttime doses of medication.
This is inexcusable. I must establish a bedtime ritual that includes taking my medication. Probably best bet is to take it with supper, since I never skip that.
I get stressed out and run to chocolate.
This vice wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't inhale enough chocolate for a grade school class and then lick the packaging to make sure I got it all every time it hits. My attempts to restrict my intake have been lackluster, and I don't know what to try next.
I hate the work required to eat right: planning, shopping, cooking, cleaning, packing lunches, cleaning. I give up on ever having a clean kitchen and eat fast food to avoid making more mess.
Well, the budget won't stand for much eating out. And I don't want to be bothered with planning and trying to keep the fresh veggies from rotting in the fridge before I use them. So salads and frozen meals are the new staples. I want to move to a primal diet, but that is going to have to wait until after school is done and I can figure out how to rearrange my life against cooking. Cleaning the kitchen--namely washing dishes--is a whole different problem. Now every night I have an empty sink, I can play a demo game from Big Fish Games. This may backfire on me as far as wise time management goes, but damnit, I'm actually looking forward to chores tonight since I thought of it.
Exercise in the morning depends on waking up with time to exercise. I haven't bothered with exercising in the evening for fear it will keep me awake and I won't get up on time.
I've got a whole post on trying to disprove this one.
Too much time sitting at the computer because I can't get focused on my tasks.
I've been really timer-orientated lately when it comes to tasks that need the computer. Maybe I need to switch to focusing on just one task. I'm still afraid of sitting too long and screwing up my body worse than it already is, but hopefully with the exercise program, it will all even out.
Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, lots to work out. But stick with it, you can do it :)

Are you sure you're not an abstainer? You might need to keep chocolate out of the house for a while :)

KLCtheBookWorm said...

I don't remember what I decided. I'll have to go back and reread your post on it.

It's an odd relationship with sugar and chocolate especially. If I'm not stressed and it's not that time of the month, I can stop with just one piece.

*Blink* Taking stress out, I may just be a were-chocoholic. OKAY, too much "Being Human."

Keeping it out of the house is easy. Making sure I don't wimp out and hit the vending machines at work is where I'm really worried.