Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ungodly-early in the morning

Here's hoping that once I get some money to start sewing projects interest in the Garb Closet will pick up.

Why am I here so ungodly-early in the morning? Today's the first day of university classes for this semester. I asked my supervisor for a time change via email last Tuesday (the 11th) when she got back to work. I finally asked near the end of the day whether she got the email or not. "I'm thinking about it," was her answer.

Now call me stupid, but I have to leave at 4pm to even have a prayer of making it to a 5pm class at SLU on time. I offered to come in at 7:30am instead of 8am. Now before anyone gets confused, four of my coworkers are already on this schedule. Another one got her time changed till 8:30am - 5pm to accommodate a morning class, and hasn't gotten it changed back for over a year.

So I wait all week; my supervisor tells me nothing. Thursday the 8:30am coworker tells me what form I should fill out. My supervisor didn't even do that. Friday still no comment from my surpervisor. So I send her an email after she left, stating that I'm assuming everything is approved and I'll be at work at 7:30am.

Actually I got here at 6:50am. I over-anticipated the amount of traffic, and this was after burning fifteen minutes getting breakfast and lunch. And I'm probably going to hear holy hell about this all day today.

Don't care really. Actually did care, but I'm on the moral high ground here. She didn't do her job, period.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: