Thursday, December 18, 2003

Daily Report

I'm still speechless. Return of the King is phenomenal. No scouring of the Shire, but I understand stylistically why Peter Jackson changed it. And the Witch-King's helm crumpled like tissue. *Insert jumping up and down and giggling* And I want Eomer's helm. And shiny pretty swords for the hacking and slashing. And the green Arwen dress Museum Replicas is selling is in the movie, but I still say that is an ugly green. I'd rather have the riding dress or some of the velvet she wears. Or Eowyn's dress.

Editing week this week and I'm working on "The Rose." It dates back to 1996/1997, when I thought I could create a short story collection of rewritten fairy tales. It's my "Beauty and the Beast" story with a science fiction setting and unhappy ending. In an undetermined future of Earth, the people who have settled in space have ended up mutated and passed those mutations to their children. A mutant goes to Earth to discover what happened to her brother. In my original version, the Beast died of a broken heart when Beauty rejected him. I decided that's not realistic enough for any of the characters. Probably influenced by Emmett Till's murder story, but I think it will work to crystallize Beauty's characterization. And I thought I was wasting time with Crime Library.

Writing, I haven't been able to make much time for. Tonight I need to go home and work on web updates. The newsletter needs to go out; I really need to put up a sign-up box here as well.

Alt. BM Site needs the most work I'm afraid. We have to get set up for no-ads and FoxFire's Palace sub-domain. I need to make graphics and tweak others. Nothing too hard, just time consuming when I'd rather not spend my time at home. And tweaking the wall paper, I always forget that.

And I have to go to the store and get the sandwiches for the party at work tomorrow. The bad thing is that store would put me halfway to where I want to be instead of home where I will work. A laptop would come in handy for these situations.

I try as hard as I can to stick to the update schedule, but I have to admit the days do slip by. I should have the update ready for tonight. I'm not even close. Though the big deal is to get the no-ads and sub-domain done. I can finish the rest of the tweaks later. But all this blabbing about it doesn't get me any closer to finishing.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: