Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm nearly convinced I have a busted capacitor

There is something underneath the slightly off-kilter capacitor and if it's not a trick of the light, there is a slight bulge on it.

Craptastic.

The good news: My RAM, fans, hard disks, DVD burner, audio card, ethernet card, modem card, monitor, and printers are all decent and should be able to move to a new machine.

Not so good news: CD burner gets cranky, USB ports are 1.0 (I think), and the graphics card is original with the computer. The monitor needs a new cable, but I have figured out how to tweak it to fix the color issue. The tower may or may not be salvageable thanks to the switch issue I've been having for years. Dad's supposed to be getting new cases though, so that maybe a free fix.

Bad news: buying a motherboard and a DSL modem at the same time.

So I'm probably offline until next Monday with only some borrowed computer time to check in. Biggest aggravation: my brain finally kicked into gear yesterday and I have things to upload to the Library. That's something I really don't want to do at work.

Hopefully this is an uneventful Wednesday before Thanksgiving, even though we are a woman down in the office. Hopefully everyone who is traveling to or through Baton Rouge will do it EARLY so I can get home at a decent time tonight. As opposed to 6:30 last night, after leaving work at 4:30, to cover a distance of 45 miles.

If I don't get to contact blog readers again, have a Happy Turkey Day! For non-U.S. readers, have a happy un-Holiday!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: