Monday, November 22, 2010

I Don't Think I'm Addicted

But three days with only an over-sized paperweight on the desk has reached irritating status.

DSL Modem is probably dead and I had to reinstall everything to be functional once again. Well, last week the computer developed a will-not-stay-on problem. I thought it was the temperature acting up again, but it still cut off despite having the case open and a desk fan blowing into it. I was already having issues with the switch on the power supply, maybe the power supply has gone kaput.

Saturday a friend suggests another possibility: a capacitor has gone bad on the motherboard. So I'm looking at images of those and I'm not sure if that has happened or not. Ugh!

Thursday, I submitted "Covenant of the Restless," but I couldn't get into the mood to work on anything with the computer in pieces. It really doesn't matter, but at the same time irritates so much I don't want to be in the same room with it. *Shrug* That's going to make for an interesting holiday this week.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how you are managing to live without a computer.

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Today's project is to see if I can get some programs to run off my external hard drive, like Quicken. That way I can do the important stuff while at work.

My out-of-town parents offered me the use of theirs and then neglected to tell me the passwords to their accounts.

I'll be checking out the closest library's computer setup next. LOL