Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTED!

Okay, I've done my part. Now I figure I'll give the bean counters and lawyers to the end of the week before signing up for an armed revolt. I just hope it's not THAT close or stolen. I have lousy hand-eye coordination.

Though listening to the news reports extolling people to go exercise their right to vote, I have linguistic problems with "right to vote." Yes, I understand why it's a right, you should have it, not everyone does, etc. A former Marine just summed it up "it's my duty and my privilege to vote." So many people bitch about how the system is broken and their vote doesn't count, so they don't vote. I wonder if shifting the rhetoric to "it's your duty as a citizen" would help.

But then my cynical view pops in and reminds me the corporate overlords don't want us to think. I hate it when it does that.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: