Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day vacation

Thanks to somebody years ago, state workers get Nov. 2cd off every four years. Go vote for the president now!

I decided I better get it done before attempting to do anything else. I made it to the polls at 8am. 8:20 still in line. I think we need more machines. But apparantly, this is the short line; when the polls opened at 6am, the line reached down the road.

Somebody came out and told us what's going on. My line just got shorter. They need ropes like Disney World.

8:40am done! They split and changed some of the precinct and there's a lot of mass confusion. But I voted and that's all that matters.

Now did I get any writing done? Not really. I finally got all the email addys straight and sent out my "hey I'm on Gmail now" notice to those who matter. That took forever, so I need to keep those address books updated more frequently. Then I cooked. Should have enough food for the next two weeks. So I only got 718 words written. Better than I did yesterday, but DAMN what am I going to have to do to myself to make me sit down and WRITE!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: