Sunday, November 21, 2004

Another Blogger book deal

I'm happy for them, but really, this thing becoming a novel has about the same chances as me winning the Powerball that I don't play. Just as well, I suppose, I want to write fiction.

Yesterday was the nastiest day at Faire for the past couple of years. I was having flashbacks of the first year we opened. First year: how do stop a drought in southern Louisiana? Alvon and Rick open a Renaissance Festival. Since it was a drought, nobody had any idea what the drainage issues would be. It started pouring first day and didn't stop. Second weekend was canceled because we were wading through thigh-high mud.

The drainage problems have been fixed, so most of yesterday was avoiding patches of clay, staying dry as possible, and trying to cook over a fire in the rain. We have 400 die-hards come through the gate in patches, and the merchants who were open all made money. I got wet and became an ice cube. Waiting on garb to dry so I can get dressed.

Chad and I are spating. He's just being a clueless male, and I'm out of patience with it. I told him he needed to come home with me Saturday night to deal with his cat that's sleeping in my back bedroom. I thought about it later and decided Friday night would be better. Granted I didn't tell him that, because being sleep deprived over sandwich making I forgot.

Friday, I left work early to get survey maps. That's right they finally finished. I visited with Mom for a little while and took her car to go get the plastic bread trays and pick up Chad. He doesn't want to come home with me Friday, but needs me to wash his laundry. Sunday would be better since I'm going to be late going into work on Monday finishing up survey paperwork. Okay fine, even though that doesn't mean any sleep late time for me, since I'd have to get him back on site for 6:30am and nothing I have to do in Hammond opens until 8am.

"Let's go eat."

"Let's wait for Kenn and Amy, they were at the store."

I figured he meant Lowes'. An hour later spent visiting with the Dagoons, "Where are Kenn and Amy?"
"They went to Wal-Mart, they should be back here now."

"Call them!" They went to Wal-Mart in Slidell, and we're now on their way to Faire Site. Slidell being 45 minutes away. I try not to live by my stomach, but going from noon to 8pm is a long time without anything to eat, especially when I normally eat around 6pm.

They finally got there, we packed up the leftover milk (don't ask), and figured now was the perfect time to eat. Of course, Kenn and Amy had already eaten, it's 8:30pm!

I had planned on getting the stupid bread trays, dropping them off at Mom's store, and be home and writing at 7pm at the latest, with or without Chad. Mustard had vanished on me and wasn't inside and I was worried about that.

We eat at Ryan's. I'm still upset over being completely railroaded, and what I needed done completely ignored. Kenn keeps saying Chad should go home with me tonight, and Chad still doesn't get it. He finally says "I need a stress free weekend to catch up on my sleep."

"How is coming to my house stressful?" He stammers something that doesn't answer my question. We haven't tried to have sex since August, every time I thought we would sleep over at the Inn, Joe or Kenn and Amy would show up. But good grief, I know he's exhausted and I wasn't trying to get him to come with me to rape him!

"How is coming to my house stressful!" He doesn't answer, or says that isn't what he meant. "You sure the hell implied it! I'm going home!" Snatching purse off table and I storm out of the restaurant.

Chad sits his ass inside.

I was furious by the time I hit the car door. By the time I got home at 9:30, I was too mad to write. Trying to leave some choice statements on his voicemail, I got ahold of Di and Jeff who needed a place to sleep. Come on over, Kindra not getting any tonight. Not even a cuddle.

What did I say on the phone? I wasn't appreciated, his hobby/business is always more important than my hobby/business. I had put the novel on hold all damn week to help him build his goddamn bag lunches, and all I got was his dirty garb linen. He only wants to be with me because of washing machine, not because he actually desires me. Nobody wants to fuck cute and I guess that's why he doesn't want to fuck me. Bad enough to go through your entire life under the damn ugly duckling syndrome, but even worse when you think you found a guy that looks pass that and he only kisses you to shut you up. And your cat pissed on my guest bed and the clothes waiting for the sewing machine on it. ANd why don't we invite Kenn and Amy over because maybe then you'll want to spend time with me and I can get some sex!

Then he tries to fix this with phone calls. I'm at the still mildly peeved stage. Dinner (with everyone in tow) was supposed to be a make-up. No flowers, even though I told the rose girl to go find him. His excuse on that was "I'm blind as a bat and didn't see her." The Inn was full of cast members! All of which already know we're spatting and you didn't have them look?! "I wanted to be a surprise."

"I was at the pirate camp all DAMN DAY!"

No, he still hasn't dug himself out. And I may leave early today without him if he keeps pulling this stupid crap and the weather is nasty.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: