Friday, March 01, 2013

Hot Bod 2013 Post 1

Good news, I have maintained 191 pounds since the end of November 2012. Bad news, that's seventy-one pounds away from my goal weight. I'd settle for losing half of it by Krista's wedding and be pleased with my appearance at the event. And I'm not upset with the plateau. With the eating choices I have made and lack of exercise, I'm surprised I haven't gained.

So Mom gave me SHRED the Revolutionary Diet book for my birthday. She's been raving about a talk show host using it (the show isn't one I watch so my brain hasn't retained any names) and has started it, so I'm not really surprised that she helped it along to my house. However, nothing in the plan--except maybe the exercise—goes against Primal principles and it covers six weeks. So I've decided to give it a solid go, with a few tweaks.

Not tweaks on the food or the exercise (I've decided after the wedding, I can go back to the Primal exercise plan), but the schedule. Here's what the book has: Do not eat the last meal within 90 minutes of going to sleep. (pg. 16)

  • 8:30am – Meal 1
  • 10:00am – Snack 1
  • 11:30am – Meal 2
  • 1:00pm – Snack 2
  • 3:30pm – Meal 3
  • 7:00pm – Meal 4
  • 8:30pm – Snack 3
My bedtime is 8:00pm, so no way this will work.

Okay, I think I've done all the math right.

  • 6:30am – Meal 1
  • 8:00am – Snack 1
  • 9:30am – Meal 2
  • 11:00am – Snack 2
  • 1:30pm – Meal 3
  • 5:00pm – Meal 4
  • 6:30pm – Snack 3
That fits my life, and close to how I already eat. Now I have to make the meal plans fit what I have in the kitchen already since I can't buy groceries until next week.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: