Friday, April 29, 2011

Pondering Shaking Things Up

It's Friday. Watched the royal wedding, have plans for this weekend, and I'm already thinking about Monday.

Yeah, I think there's something wrong with me too, but I'm still going to do it.
  • Monday April 25th - Handwrote, 0 typed
  • Monday April 18th - Handwrote, 0 typed
  • Monday April 11th - Handwrote, 0 typed
  • Monday April 4th - Nothing
  • Monday March 28th - Plotted work
  • Monday March 21st - Nothing
  • Monday March 14th - Language creation
  • Monday March 7th - Language creation
If it was just Monday with the zeros, it wouldn't be so bad, but the zeros don't go away until Wednesday. So I'm losing quite a lot of the week, made worse if I have a crazy weekend and don't get to write. I don't have any excuses for Saturday and Sunday and Mondays is always swamped with starting-the-week crap. Should I mess with it. After all I'm puttering along with some progress.

Then I look at the marathon spreadsheet for Stellar Gift of Death and it bluntly tells me at this current rate, I'll finish the novel on my birthday in 2013. Ouch.

Looking at the schedule, I gave myself permission to work on a reward project on Sundays, provided I had been diligent about working Monday through Saturday. I have been diligent about not rewarding myself.

Bright idea: work diligently Tuesday through Sunday on Stellar Gift of Death and spend Mondays on the reward project.

The only fear I have about this bright idea is getting pulled into the reward project all week, but if that was going to happen, I think it already would have. I'm willing to try anything until a better idea comes along. And here I am at the end of one month ready to try something new in the next, with a bright idea to recapture Mondays for writing. So I'll switch Mondays to playing with the reward project for May and take notes of improvements.

The Royal Wedding: Trees in Westminster Abbey! They can fit potted trees inside that cathedral. And invisible cameras; I'll have to rewatch the footage to see if I can find them. And Kate's wedding dress suited her perfectly (thus proving I am female and can go oooh! over a frock).

I probably wouldn't have it on if my schedule didn't already have me up at the time. So I got in a little royal wedding research and I wish them a happy marriage.

Plans for the weekend: Spending it with friends in Lafayette for Festival International de Louisiane.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: