Sunday, August 08, 2010

Not on the agenda

I had my list of things to do today. Despite staying in bed two hours more than I had thought I should, I was really cruising crossing off stuff. I exercised today, cooked and ate breakfast, and was in the middle of rinsing dishes and loading the dishwasher when I felt a bang under my foot and the hot water slowed to a trickle. The bang wasn't bad, it felt like a vibration of something hitting the floor. Nothing dropped in the kitchen so immediately I thought the pipe had burst and hit the floor under the house. My house is built off the ground, maybe about two feet.

My uncle found me sawing through the stupid vinyl lattice so I could see if that theory was correct.

Luckily, it wasn't. The problem is the valve for the hot water under the sink has gone bad. Secondary problem: going to town wasn't on my list! I did that yesterday!

So for those of you keeping track of everything I need to fix.
  • New roof
  • Replace the back portion of the house with something built to code
  • More efficient plumbing!
  • Remodel the bathroom
  • Remodel the kitchen


Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: