Thursday, December 10, 2015

New Roof!

I started the year with plans to blog about other things besides when I spend a lotta money and what I bought.

Well, that didn't go as planned because this post is all about how I took out a loan, and then dropped almost all of the loan money onto a new roof!

But first, pictures of the old roof.

Lighting isn't the best; the sun wasn't even fully up yet. And my trusty camera is showing its age by saying I have no power when brand-new batteries are in it. So this in-progress shot is from my uncle's cell phone camera.

Anybody in my neck of the woods who needs a roof, I can't recommend Roof Crafters enough. Professional job, was upfront about my costs and what they couldn't do. I was upfront that I needed a new back porch because of decades of carpenter bee action had made it unsafe.

Boy, was that proved when they hit the porch rafters and the wood splintered. The whole job was finished by 3:30 and here's my new roof!

Sunday's weather forecast is 100% thunderstorms so yeah for a quick test of it, but boo because I wanted to catch up on my DVR watching and the satellite may mess up.

But new roof, no leaks! SQUEE!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a transformation! That new roof really makes a difference. I hope it works out well for you. It's amazing how quickly the job was done, they must be really efficient - sounds like a great company. Also, what a shame about your camera, I guess it's time for a new one.

Terence Warner said...

Oh my gosh. I feel your pain. A leaky roof is a nightmare. I used to work in asphalt so I know all about the business. I must say it does look like those guys did a cracking job on your roof. Looks sturdy and aesthetically it looks the part too, which is also pretty important. No good being leak proof and ugly!