It's really not polite to laugh like that.
Seriously, I need to reestablish order over the chaos and that means following the list with actual rewards. I have earned quite a bit and still haven't watched them.
The Oil Spill: Mix of good news and bad news.
- It's Louisiana sweet crude which doesn't act the same way the heavy crude that the Exxon Valdez spill was made up on. So we probably won't see a black tide event.
- The weather and currents has been making it hard to clean up in the open water, but it has kept the bulk of it offshore.
- We've got great facilities like the Audubon Institute to take care of the injured animals.
- This is not a spill; it's a spew. They've given up trying to calculate how many barrels of oil are leaking into the Gulf now. Until we plug the source, we have no idea how bad it can be.
- The source is a MILE under water. That's 1.60934 kilometers for you metric readers.
- Seafood is a renewable resource, but it will be hit hard. Worse, the bans keep the commercial fishermen from earning a paycheck. Yeah, BP is going to pay restitution but you can't count on a check you don't have.