Monday, May 16, 2005

Finding the Groove

May 13, 2005

I think finding my groove is going to be a long time coming.

There's more to say and I should say more, but the philosophy in Page After Page makes me stop. "We each have the same amount of time. We make time for what is most important. So either change how you spend your time or accept it and stop complaining." I'm paraphrasing, putting it into my terms. That's a good sign that I've learned the lesson.

My friend Dave called me a workaholic last night. It's true, and you have to add, perfectionist and stubborn to that summation too. I can't let anything go, I'm not happy when it's not my way, and I'm not happy with being on this self-sacrificing trip.

But some part of me must like Kindra the Martyr, otherwise I wouldn't keep putting myself into these scenerios.

May 16, 2005

Survived the weekend. Didn't think that would happen.

Cast Call on Saturday was a success. And me and Chad made it to my coworker's party for her daughter just returned from Iraq. And then we made it to Jaime's house.

Sunday we made it to the meeting and I made a decision. I'm still in the process of getting everything worked out from that, and shouldn't make an announcement here until that's done. Not that I think any of the parties involved read my blog.

I also think I'm going to have to break down and put spine labels on my books. I'm using the Dewey Decimal system and it's become obvious the benefits of why libraries use those labels. I just hate the idea of sticking them on my books.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: