Friday, October 28, 2005

The enigma that is Mylte and other car notes

Today has ended up being a weird Friday. I totally forgot to pack my reward stuff to work on as well as Zy's novel. I don't feel that my head is on straight enough for homework. Though I have to work on it. So here's the car notes, enjoy.

October 26, 2005
The enigma that is Mylte
I got nearly five pages of background work done on him before the scanners were up and running. I've got his backstory together and why he is where Zy finds him. And a strong kernel that can be developed into a future story. Funny, who I envisioned as the ruthless nearly pathological muscle has normal parents. I still have to iron out the culture, but I feel I have made a lot of progress.

Went through five stores to find an organizer with a strap. Then the strap fell apart. Of course to get the strap I had to buy a cheap product so I'm not surprised that it fell apart. But the quality ones don't have straps.

I need to compile work into one place, well two places. One notebook/binder and one folder on the harddrive that can be backed up. It's getting to hard to find stuff. Though I doubt I'm going to get a chance this weekend to clean out my harddrive.

October 27, 2005
Well, I was being uber-good today. I'm supposed to work on Zy's novel and four assignments before writing the blog entry. I got stuck on the first assignment. Not stuck as in not thinking of anything but that I didn't finish my word count. The first assignment also means I have to skimmingly reread When We Were Orphans.

I don't know if we're going to end up keeping the check scanning or not. The bank can't get us a deposit report the next day which means we can't deliever any work until we get it. Not my call to make, but every issue that has popped up, Marian and I brought up in the constant meetings to sell the system to us. I think it proves a Dilbert principle about management, and now I'll switch the subject.

Ugh, now I'm trying to doze off on the drive home. And everybody started using my cut over. Bus route please, please, pretty please!

Looks like the colder weather is here for a while, and I need a coat and a pair of gloves. I thought I bought gloves last year but all I can find are my garb gloves. I guess I donated them with the coat. I want a winter fashion statement made by me, since all my other coats were hand-me-downs or bought by my mother. It's time I went shopping.

Oh, the light is messed up. Damn, I wish the radio had told me. Past that now. Yet another reason for the bus route.

I hope I'm not completely drained by the time I get home. I want soup for this nasal sinus thing I have right now, and the food court at SLU doesn't have soup. But Quinizno's does!

Back to today
I have spent most of today feeling like the barely reanimated dead. And I have oodles of sewing to get done for Halloween. Looks like we're keeping the scanners: they've worked out the latest issue.

Want to remember this website: Backspace: the Writer's Place. It was recommended by a few readers of Miss Snark's blog.

Have to make sure everything is done for today and I'm going to try to put my brain in the late 1500s for Capt. Kate's short story.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: