Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blog changes

Well you may have to scroll down to see it. Yes, the pretty technicolor graphs. Brighten up the place, don't they?

It's all Mez's fault, but in a good way. I NEED to be in my own face with everything on the list. Maybe I should move them up, though I kind of hate messing up with the archive and recent posts lists now that they seem to be working how I want them to. I added them to Discipline Under Fire too.

I know I can't work on everything at once (as tempting as that maybe). Well, everything but the submissions list. So don't be surprised if it takes a while for one of the graphs to show some actual movement. Now how to graphically represent submissions?

I'm also going to try not writing to this blog until I have typed at least five minutes on a story. I'm working my way up slowly, and trying to keep it short enough not to get in trouble at work. I'll be posting my daily progress at Discipline Under Fire, but don't be surprised if I change projects. Today starting this, I had to work with what I had with me at work--not necessarily the first thing I need to be working on. The commute will continue to be whatever my brain latches onto and doesn't get me in a wreck.

Yep, I kept fanfiction off the list. Hard but not hard, in a way. I've been commuting to those worlds for so long now it's a well worn route. Especially compared to trail blazing to a new story. It's lazy, but there you have it. I have a lot of lazy tendencies, so it's no surprise I have one in writing too. But right now I need to concentrate on the hard and get over this slump I have.

It's almost lunchtime and I've got to get the resource guide finished this week. So toodles. One more question though: should I turn on the comments in Discipline Under Fire? I was going through a negative period when I started it and didn't want to lash out at anyone. Now I doubt that I'll ever be in a spot for any kind of feedback, so I'm thinking about it. I could always turn off comments on posts I'm not ready to hear anything about.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: