Thursday, December 13, 2007

Posted here for any stragglers

This is a copy of a message posted at the KLCtheBookWorm's Readers yahoo Group, but I'm cross posting so not to miss anyone who may have changed email address and don't get those messages anymore.

The Yahoo Group for KLCtheBookWorm's Readers hasn't done what I wanted
it to do.

The fault is mine. I don't have the time or energy to manage an email
group and make it a lively, happening, thriving place. It's too far
removed from the homesite. So it's time to change tactics. Just in
time for 2008.

But what to replace it with? I've come up with a few ideas and I'm
open to suggestions, so please respond to the poll and suggest away in
response.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KLCtheBookWorm_Readers/surveys?id=2310006

I'm not going away and I'm still writing but it's so long between
updates, I want to keep my readers in the loop. So here's a further
explanation of the choices I came up with.

Forum: Our very own virtual clubhouse (which is what I saw this place
as at first)! Pros: I host it and I shouldn't forget about it quite
as badly. Cons: Potentially redundant since a lot of us hang out at
the same forums already.

Email Newsletter: I'm subscribed to a few for website updates, and I
like that it only goes out when I have an update. It still give
Readers (those who take the extra step and subscribe) first crack at
new stories.

Announcement Blog: I'm good with updating blogs. People can comment
and get a conversation going on blogs. And new stories could be
posted to it first. Cons: I already have lots of blogs, probably too
many.

So what would you like to see happen?

Responses are welcome in the comment section.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: