Friday, November 12, 2004

Why did we have to come to work on a Friday?

We only got the 11th off for Vetern's Day. And that caused oodles of fun yesterday. Reading through the link Cassidy found, Marion Zimmer Bradley Literary Works Trust and enjoying it. Especially needed to have the info on taxes.

Surveyors - I went to see what the hold up was this time. The Tangiphoa Planning Commission didn't have any issues with the land I'm buying, but had issues with a division of the stuff my grandmother still owns and is supposed to be attached to my father's acre. So the dashed lines got erased from the map and she delivered it to the commission yesterday. Commission was closed due to Vetern's Day, so hopefully they'll approve it today and I can leave early and get it done.

I got plastic photo holders to hold my notecards for Zy's Novel in the three-ring binder with the rest of the stuff. That was a good idea.

Chad wasted a trip to the post office trying to mail School Day tickets out. He couldn't remember that I'm off and that means banks and post office are closed too. Then he and Kenn wasted about 2 hours on lunch. I told them Joe has them trained to take forever, and that's why they never seemed to get anything accomplished. It only took me 2 hours after that to put my box together.

I finally got home after 5pm, and got started on house cleaning. Got most of the laundry done, and all dishes but one pot washed.

Caught up with Mom. She got the job at Southeast Something. It's a mental hospital, and she's working with teenagers. She says it's a different world from her old job, and wants me to keep an eye out for office openings. Apparantly everyone in there is retirement age.

Writing, yes I have been working on NaNo, but it's not on the computer yet. As soon as I get it typed, I'll have to do a combined three-day post.

And I think that's it for now.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: