Monday, November 08, 2004

What a weekend

It was our best opening day ever. Weather was perfect and most everything ran smoothly. My pirates garb looks great, they're playing with the patrons, and we're getting better at the Peasant Court case.

Sunday night, I had to wait for pirates to come back to camp and get their stuff. And then explain to one what Captain Peabody means. Then we had a birthday cake for Mitch, and Chad had to get his laundry. Home before 8pm, but Chad took forever in the bathroom and I was waiting for him to get finished before eating. 10pm, he was expecting me to take him back to the Inn and I was spending will power points to stay conscious. My knee is still protecting stairs, for some reason it doesn't like doing that full movement. And I had a hard enough time getting out of the car when we got to my house.

I convinced him we needed to stay. We have to work on our communication skills. I'm tired of having to go into hysterics to convince him I don't want to wrap around a tree. And then I set the alarm for 4pm instead of 4am. Luckily, Chad woke up at 5am and we hauled ass getting dressed. But then discovered that Chad had left a car door ajar and drained my battery. Mom was about to leave to her new job--no, I didn't know anything about this--and was able to jump us off.

After all that, and I still made it to work on time. Good thing too, as of now we still have 3 people out.

I was in no condition to write this weekend. :p Which is very aggravating, but unavoidable at this stage. Work has now geared into the renewal season, so I think I'll be trying to get the 1667 words a day at home now. Hopefully close to that much.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: